Saturday 15 April 2017

Is Apple going to Acquire Disney?

I came across this piece of news this morning. (Source). Interesting. Apple wishes to get into film making business or produces exclusive TV content?

Disney currently owns the following franchise: Star Wars, Marvel, Muppets, Pixar and Pirates of the Carribean. They are all making money for Disney. We can take a look at Rogue One and Civil War's performance at the box office. Taken from IMDb.

Disney, Thanks for saving the Star Wars franchise! May the Huat be with Us!


These movie franchises are golden geese laying golden eggs for Disney. They have the knack for getting the right actors to play the part. They are also producing movie merchandises generating further profits.

My contribution tribute to Disney

They also have theme parks and resorts featuring their successful movie characters! Ka-ching!!!

So even without Apple acquiring Disney, Disney itself already has a successful business model.

Disney's share closing price as at 13 Apr 2017 is shown below. The dividend yield is low in my opinion. If I invest in US stocks, the tax on dividends is 30%. Ouch. I have not dug further into it's financials as I am not currently invested in any US stocks. If I am going to invest in any US stocks, this is the company which I would consider.





No comments:

Post a Comment