Saturday 29 April 2017

Ah Lim's Kopi Chat Blog Post 7 - Received My LG G6. Is it a Buy?

Ah Lim's Kopi Chat is a short blog post that takes me just 5-10 min (time for me to finish a cup of coffee) to write and publish. It could be a rant, investment related or even non-related. In short, it could be anything. Short and simple. That's it.

This is an update on my earlier post on the LG G6 sales. Link here. I have received it earlier this morning. That's really fast! Delivery in 1 day.

LG Seal is still intact when I received it!

It does have a physical shop. However when I purchased it online, I got it even cheaper and I earned credit card points!


The phone looks really nice and small despite having a 5.7 inch screen. It feels light in the hand too.

The Good

FM Radio. It has an inbuilt FM Radio with record function. I prefer phones with inbuilt radio as it doesn't eat up mobile data.

No curved screen. Just because a screen can be curved doesn't mean we need it. A curved screen also means tempered glass will not fit nicely. There can be air gaps between the phone's screen and the tempered glass.

Dual-lens camera. 1 of the camera lens is wide-angle and both are 13 MP. Wider shot is possible. Take that S8!

Water and Dust Resistant (IP68). Nice to have since it often rains in our country.

Price. It is much cheaper compared to S8. 

24 Months Warranty + Free case. All mobile phones should come with 24 months warranty since handphone recontract is 2 years. The free case is nice and it doesn't look cheap.

Fingerprint sensor's Position. It makes sense to have it below the camera lenses then next to it. It's easy to accidentally touch the camera lens and dirty it by having the sensor just next to the camera. S8's fingerprint sensor is just beside the camera.

64 GB Storage. The OS takes up 12.50 GB space.

The Bad

Not the latest Processor. It is using Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 but not the latest compared to S8. However, our local S8 edition is using Exynos processor. This is not an issue for me as I don't play CPU intensive games. 

Fingerprint sensor. I had some trouble setting it up initially. It seems fine now.

Fingerprint magnet. Not really an issue with the cover on.

Update: No wireless charging for SG version. 

A reviewer preferring the LG G6

A reviewer preferring the Galaxy S8

For me, it's a Buy! Will recontract my mobile plan when the new iPhone comes out during end of the year. Sell it for a profit. 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment