Monday 3 July 2017

A Half-Year Review of My Stock Trades in 2017

This Post is a look at the current performance of stock trades that I had done in the first half year of 2017. The below screenshot show some of the company shares that I had newly bought or increased holdings.

Screenshot from Stocks.cafe

These are the companies which I increased existing positions: CapitaR China Trust, Frasers Commercial Trust, Ascott Reit and Starhill Global.

CapitaR China Trust

Stocks.cafe screenshot. Increased small positions through Scrip dividends without additional fees. 

Frasers Commercial Trust

My second largest holding after M1. Unlikely to add more through Scrip this year unless price drops to around $1.30.

Ascott Reit


Accumulated more Units through Rights Issue. I blogged about it in an earlier Post (link here).

Starhill Global

Bought 3000 shares when price drops further.

Newly Added Companies

I added these companies to my Portfolio this year. I am looking at averaging down on CSE Global which is down by close to -13% as at 30 June 2017. The current yield is also very attractive 6.40%. In fact, I accumulated 10000 more shares today (3/7/2017).


Companies Sold 

I also sold off 2 company shares during the first half of 2017. The first company shares that I sold was Suntec Reit. I actually bought it way before 2015. But I didn't keep a record of my purchase date so I just put it as 2015 in Stocks.cafe.

Suntec Reit

Another company shares that I sold was Mapletree Greater China Comm Trust.

 MGCCT


Higher Interest Rate

Due to my monthly transactions, I was able to earn higher interest rate of at least $70 per month from my DBS Multiplier account. 

DBS Vickers has also extended $5 trade rebates till end of the year (link here).

For those who open a new trading account now will also get first 3 trades free (link here).

For the record, I am not affiliated to DBS and not paid for recommending their services on my blog.

Upcoming Earning Season

Earning season is back in July. These are the companies that I would be watching out for their result:

Soilbuild Business Reit - 13 July
Frasers Centrepoint Trust - 
Cache Logistics Trust - 21 July
M1 - 18 July
Ascott Reit - 
Frasers Commercial Trust -
Capitamall Trust -

DBS bought 434.30K shares of Soilbuild Business Reit from the Market in June. Hopefully, there will be positive news about 72 Loyang way. The drawing down of security deposit from Technics to cover rental should have ended in May this year. I am expecting a decrease in dpu for the upcoming earnings result.


Screenshot from Spiking

Both M1 ceo and Temasek sold some M1 shares this year.

I am expecting slightly lower dividends compared to 2016 due to closing of Suntec Reit positions and poorer Soilbuild Business Reit's results. Although I added Capitamall Reit and Frasers Centrepoint Trust this year, these are smaller positions compared to Suntec Reit. I would accumulate if price goes further south below my purchase price for these 2 retail Reits.   


Hmm. $1700 - $1800 for this month possible?


1 comment: