Sunday 18 June 2017

What I Learnt From Ascendas Hospitality Trust's FY2016/17 Annual Report

I wrote a Blog Post on Ascendas Hospitality's 4Q FY2016/17 Result in May. The link could be found here. AHT just released their Annual Report recently and the results are as follows:

5% y-o-y growth in dps
Low gearing at 32.2%, 78.3% of borrowings at Fixed Int Rate

All Properties current valuation are above their Purchase Price. Many Properties are Freehold too!



Revenue and RevPAR improving for all hotels except Park Hotel



Huge % of Income contribution from Australia Properties. Hopefully Australia's tourism continue to perform well.

 Other Hospitality Reits's Local Hotels are also not doing well. Tourists in Singapore prefer to stay budget hotels?



New Income Contribution in 2019




Other AEIs to Increase Income

As at 16 June's closing price of $0.81, the current dividend yield would be 7.01%. 52-week high price is $0.82.  Current Price is at overbought level as both RSI and Stochastic are at the high side. However, we could see from chart that even though when the RSI and Stochastic were at overbought levels in the past, the share price continued to trend higher. 50d Moving Average is also above the 200d Moving Average signifying an uptrend. I have stated in my previous Blog Post that I would continue to hold. My sentiments is still the same. My Purchase Price was $0.715 and below the NAV of $0.92. My yield is also very attractive at 7.94%. It's a Hold for me.

Screenshot from Chartnexus

No comments:

Post a Comment