Saturday 3 June 2017

Did I Sell in May and Go Away?

Before May 2017 ended, I made a few more investment transactions.

Unit Trust

For Unit Trusts, I added UOBAM United Asian High Yield Bond Fund SGD Acc. For this fund, there's 2 types: 1 is Dist which pay monthly dividends in terms of cash, another is Acc which stands for Accumulation where dividends are paid in units. I bought the Acc type where my units can grow over time.


From the chart below, we can see the price of this fund has dropped a bit. I see this as an opportunity to enter. If the price goes further south, I would be happy to buy more. 


I did not fork out any cash for this purchase as I did a partial fund switch from an existing fund. Switching is free and no sales charge is incurred. I also added more UOB United Asian Bond fund at the same time. I hope my dividends for bond funds would hit $1000/mth by year end. In order to achieve that, I am likely to practise dollar cost average every month with United Asian High Yield Bond Fund SGD Acc.

Stocks

I also added Greatview Aseptic Packaging which is a Hong Kong stock. The company's website is at this link.

This is my first overseas stock purchase and I purchased through FSMOne platform. I will do a review of their platform in another blog post. As can be seen from the screenshot below, GAPACK's distributions have been increasing over the years. At my purchase price of HKD 4.11, I am expecting a dividend yield above 5% for this year.

Screenshot from Stocks.cafe

I did not sell any stocks in May. For the month of June, I am looking at a few local stocks and Sanli's IPO. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment