Sunday 21 May 2017

My Passive Income and Unit Trust Investments for May 2017

Cash Investments

For the month of May, the dividends that I would be expecting based on their Ex-date in May are as follows:

Ascendas Hospitality - $301
Kingsmen Creative - $150
OUE Hospitality - $130
Frasers Hospitality - $202.568
Starhill Global - $106.20
Mapletree Geater China Commercial Trust - $373.10
Frasers Centrepoint Trust - $91.20
CSE Global - $150

Total - $1504.07

Screenshot from Stocks.cafe. Thanks to the site, keeping track of dividends and buy/sell transactions are now very easy.

I have also received dividend in terms of Units for my investment in an UOB United Asian bond fund. A portion of my warchest is currently parked in this fund earning dividends. I would switch the bond investments into stocks during the bear market.

A very nice number 888.81. Huat ar!

Total Passive Income earned in May - $2392.88

For the month of June, there should be a huge dip in my passive income due to much lower contributions from my stock portfolio.

CPF Investments

I also did a fund switch for my Unit Trust portfolio. After this fund switch, I still have 15,850.1700 Units for First State Dividend Advantage remaining. Units of United SGD Fund would increase from
current 2,928.6400 to 19189.91.


I find Asian equities have run up quite a bit. Hence I think it would be a good idea to take some profits off the table first. I started investing in this fund in Nov 2012 and has been doing ad-hoc buying over the past few years. Dividends are also received through Units. When a market correction arrives, I would do a switch back. There's no sales charge for Unit Trusts now so that's a plus. Also, I am currently only invested in the local stock market. I find Unit Trusts as an alternative to diversify into overseas markets.


United SGD Fund is where I like to temporary park my funds while waiting for buying opportunities. The growth is low compared to equity funds but we don't see huge dips. Low Risk low gain. This is a fund where I would not invest for long term as it can't beat inflation. I started my investment journey through Unit Trusts many years back. There are many who claim ETFs are cheaper. However, if we invest in US stocks/ETFs, the dividend tax is 30%. Can read about it here. I may blog more about Unit Trusts in future posts.


Note: Unit Trust and Share investments come with risks. This post is not a recommendation to buy any of the Shares or Unit Trusts mentioned. It is just a diary of my Investment Journey. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment