Monday 12 November 2018

I Did A "Share Buyback" Today

Disclaimer: This blog post is for entertainment purposes only where I share my findings and opinions about stocks. It does not constitute any buy or sell recommendation. Always DYODD before making any trade or investment decision.

Background

I previously wrote a few blog posts regarding SATS. My purchase price was $4.66. However, I sold off when the price hit $5.44.


Recently, the price has fallen. I am still liking the business and so I decided to buy back the 1000 shares which I have sold earlier.

Who Else Is Buying?

Is now a good time and price to invest in SATS? The company has been buying back it's own shares over the last 2 months. The price which they pay for is between $4.82-4.93.

Screenshot from Spiking

Both revenue and profit of the company is still growing. The dividend has also been growing over the years. Based on my purchase price of  $4.85, my dividend yield would be 3.71%. Even though the current yield is not exactly attractive, I am also looking for capital appreciation in this company. DBS gave a Buy recommendation today: link.

No comments:

Post a Comment