Tuesday 19 December 2017

My Stocks Dividend Income for Dec 2017 And Overall Stocks Dividend Result for 2017

Stock Portfolio (Cash)

These are the companies that contributed to my December 2017 Dividend Income:

Singtel - $196
Capitaland Retail China Trust - $251.10
Total - $447.10

My Dividends Overview for 2017. Screenshots from Stocks.cafe


Dividends collected for the past 3 years

There isn't a significant growth in dividends collected for 2017 compared to 2016. This is due to lesser funds injected this year compared to last year. The difference in my stock value this year compared to last year was only around $30k. In comparison 2015 and 2016 difference was around $75k. 

Looking back, I made a few mistakes of selling a few company shares too early but I am also glad I made a few firm decisions to cut some losses. If the company is not generating value for investors, it's time to take our "business" elsewhere. For 2018, I wish I could find the time to attend a few AGMs. Perhaps such meetings could help me to decide if the company is still worth investing, or even to buy more shares. Besides learning about the company prospects, we could also get to know the Management Team and how knowledgeable they are in the industry and how professional and detailed they are in  answering shareholders' questions. 

Hopefully, 2018 would be another fruitful and bullish year for stock investors. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment