Sunday 1 October 2017

Different Methods To Improve Trading and Investing Skills: Books

Books

I am not a book person. However, I do read books in the past that could help me to achieve financial freedom. I don't read much investment books nowadays though. I think they are very useful for investors and traders who do not wish to spend money on courses. For those who do not even wish to spend money on books, there's a place called library. I usually borrow books from the library too. No shame in that!

The first investment book which I bought many years back when it first came out was actually this book:

The book first came out in 2006. Time flies. It actually inspired me to learn more about how I could create other sources of income other than having just a main source of income from a fulltime job. It's written in such a way that it is easy to understand even to a layman. The topics covered are as shown below.



Some more books...

What I like about books are they are affordable and we can even read for free by borrowing them from the library. However, books are not interactive. There could be some concepts which we may not understand and we can't simply contact the author for clarifications. Of course, there are investors and traders who swore by learning just from books. I think different people pick up skills differently. What works for 1 person may not work for another. For example, there's a popular book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad which I also bought many years back. The book got a lot of praises but I didn't think much about the book. I thought it was more of a fiction book and without much to offer. No offence if you are a fan. 

I would classify the learning curve to be high from just reading books. First, reading one book alone is not sufficient to turn someone into a profitable trader/investor. Also, there's no one to consult as the book can't reply to our questions. 

However, if you are interested in learning from books, I would recommend checking out book reviews in Amazon before buying any. If you can find the book in a local library, even better.


The Book That Changed Warren Buffet's Life


 
The Intelligent Investor Animated Quick Summary

To Be Continued ...

1 comment:

  1. Information shared by you is appreciable. I'll surely read the book recommended by you. A trader can become successful by reading some helpful books about investment like The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham, Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond by Bruce Greenwald, Jude Kahn, Paul Sonkin, and Michael van Biema and many more.
    stock tips

    ReplyDelete