Tuesday 21 November 2017

My Top Holding Stock Just Went Up by 3.52% Today!

For those that have been following my blog, you will probably know Frasers Commercial Trust is currently my largest holding. Today, the price suddenly shot up by 3.52%. The rise in price happened during the late afternoon. So what news triggered this price rise?

Screenshot from Chartnexus. Look at that Long Candlestick! Breaking out from it's range with a huge Spike!

Screenshot from My SGX App

I checked the Spiking app and could not find any news related to BB buying. A check in SGX website did not return any positive news. With this price surge, FCOT is currently trading at it's 52-week high price. So is it a good time to reduce my position? My average purchase price is $1.333. My current dividend yield based on my purchase price works out to be 0.0982/1.333 x 100 = 7.37%. In my opinion, this is a very attractive yield. However, we would also need to examine their latest financial results to determine if this is a counter worth holding. 

Screenshot from Stocks.Cafe

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment