Wednesday 18 October 2017

I Like SATS

I am referring to the company SATS. Not the day of the week but I like it too. Some traders may not like weekends though. I am both an investor and trader as I trade Options which I mentioned in an earlier Post.

SATS

If you like travelling, you would have known or use their services before. It was founded in Singapore way back in 1972 and the company has since expanded it's business to other countries.

Screenshot from SGX website

Ahhh. So many countries and cities that I can't capture in 1 screenshot.
Screenshot from SAT's Annual Report

SATS also does institutional food catering business besides in-flight catering.



SATS has also expanded the non-aviation catering business to overseas.


Fun Fact: 

Do you know they also supply combat ration packs to the military?


Price has since fallen from their 52-week high of $5.39. So did I buy their company shares? Or would I buy? ... Stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. SFI started becoming the term contractor for SAF combat rations from the early-1990s. That's when my juniors told me of siew mai & lor mai kai for breakfast & biryani and chicken rice MRE's in the field. I was like .... WTF?!?!

    During my time in the late-1980s SAF still bulk tendered combat rations directly to food manufacturers like Khong Guan, Yit Hong, etc. Imagine lugging a few kg's of canned food in your fullpack, in addition to the ancient chang-kol (Asian E-tool) and kg's of ammo... sucks...

    Used to have a tiny number of SFI shares ... very good dividend payer ... until got acquired by SATS :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. Didn't know SFI was listed. Wow, you could have bought SATS when it acquired SFI. Imagine the dividend yield you would be getting now.

      Delete